Modern nutrition research has found that cucumbers contain various nutrients that the human body needs in daily life, including protein, vitamins, sugars, cellulose, fats, and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, iron, calcium, etc. At the same time, they also contain health ingredients such as propanedioic acid, cucumber enzyme, rutin, and cucurbitacin. Eating them regularly has various benefits for the human body.
The traditional planting time for cucumbers is usually from January to March in early spring and from June to August in summer and autumn, while hydroponic planting can be sown all year round. Cucumber is one of the most suitable vegetables for hydroponic cultivation, and in most cases, the quality and yield of hydroponic cucumber are better than that of soil cultivation. There are many advantages of hydroponic cucumber cultivation, but there are also high requirements for planting techniques. The yield and taste of hydroponic cucumber are determined by various factors, and no mistakes should be made in any aspect.
Efficient hydroponic cucumber cultivation tutorial:
1. Choose the right hydroponic planting equipment: Generally, for planting fruits and vegetables, shallow liquid flow method is used, and the nutrient solution is relatively shallow and less. Cucumber roots require high levels of oxygen, so we use shallow liquid flow method when planting. The hydroponic tower system is one of the shallow liquid flow planting equipment, and it also has great advantages in space occupation. The vertical structure can reduce the occupancy rate of horizontal space and have better extension in vertical space. Choosing a hydroponic tower system for planting cucumbers is very suitable.
2. Seedling cultivation: You can directly purchase cucumber seedlings or use the microgreen system for hydroponic seedling cultivation.
3. Planting: Place a sponge with germinated seeds into a planting basket, and then fix the planting basket on the planting hole of the hydroponic tower system. After that, hydroponic cucumber cultivation can begin.
4. Proper root maintenance: To achieve high yield in cucumbers, a large root system is the foundation, which not only requires robust growth but also prevents root diseases. The hydroponic cultivation mode solves the problem between water and oxygen, which is more conducive to root growth. It can not only see the growth of the upper plants, but also observe the growth of the root system, and can be adjusted in a timely manner when there are problems.
5. Pay attention to light and temperature: Cucumbers prefer warmth and are not resistant to cold, and the most suitable growth temperature is 10-32 ℃. In addition, light is also an essential growth factor for cucumbers, and without it, cucumbers will grow very slowly. The hydroponic tower system is equipped with LED plant growth lights to provide necessary lighting conditions for cucumber growth.
Hydroponic cucumber cultivation is a convenient, efficient, and pollution-free planting method that can be grown on balconies or indoors. It is important to master the correct planting method, and I hope the planting tutorial above can provide help for those who want to try hydroponic planting.