Chili peppers, some people love them as much as they want to be spicy, while others treat them with respect and distance. All major cuisines and snacks in the country cannot do without chili, which is one of the very important seasonings. It can not only enhance the flavor of dishes, but also promote appetite, aid digestion, and increase the body's metabolic rate.
Chili, as an indispensable vegetable and seasoning in people's daily lives, is widely cultivated in various parts of China and has high economic benefits. But many people experience low yield and poor quality when planting chili peppers, resulting in low planting efficiency. So how can we grow high yield and high-quality chili peppers? Today, we will introduce a way to plant high-quality chili peppers: hydroponic chili peppers.
The following steps can be taken for hydroponic chili peppers:
1. Select chili seeds suitable for hydroponic cultivation, soak them in warm water for 24 hours before sowing.
2. Prepare suitable hydroponic equipment. The commonly used containers for hydroponic chili peppers include the 6P7 Aeroponic Tower system. The advantage of choosing the 6P7 Aeroponic Tower system is that it can achieve high-yield planting without occupying a lot of space.
3. After sowing, continuously water and replenish nutrients in a bright and sufficient place, paying attention to the cleanliness of the water source and the circulation of the storage environment.
4. Regularly replace the nutrient solution. Chili peppers have a longer growth period and generally do not need to replace the nutrient solution. As long as the water and nutrients are consumed, regular supplementation is sufficient. However, if a large amount of bacteria accumulate in the nutrient solution, causing the planted crop to begin to develop disease, and the disease is difficult to control with pesticides at this time, it is necessary to immediately replace the nutrient solution. When replacing, the entire planting system should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
5. Regularly check the growth of plants to see if there are any symptoms of diseases, pests, or insufficient nutrition, and take corresponding management measures.
It should be noted that the growth environment of hydroponic chili peppers needs to maintain a certain temperature, light, and air quality, otherwise it can easily cause various diseases and growth obstacles. Generally speaking, the optimal temperature for hot pepper hydroponics is 18 ℃ -20 ℃, and the pH value of the nutrient solution should not exceed 6.5.
The 6P7 Aeroponic Tower System is a tower system with 7 layers and 6 holes per layer. It can grow 42 vegetables, making it a medium-sized planting system. It has two options: with LED plant growth lights and without LED plant growth lights. For completely indoor planting, a tower system with lights can be selected to help provide lighting conditions for crops.
Chili peppers are widely cultivated in various parts of China and are deeply loved by people, known as the "king of vitamin C in vegetables". When cultivating chili peppers in hydroponic culture, we need to achieve scientific planting to significantly improve the yield and quality of chili peppers.