When it comes to beets, not many people know about them. In fact, beets are a highly nutritious food, and both the roots and leaves of beets have edible value. In addition, sugar beets are the main source of sugar, except for sugarcane. Sugar beets generally have green leaves, white roots and flesh, and are mainly used to make sucrose, so their sugar content is high.
Eating beets is often referred to as flamed vegetables, which are similar in appearance to radishes and have a light sweet taste. They can also be used as raw materials for carving vegetables or making vegetable soups. Beets are easy to digest, help increase appetite, and can also alleviate headaches. Beets also have a preventive effect on colds and anemia.
Nowadays, soil borne diseases are very serious in traditional soil planting. While insects nibble on leaves, they also damage the underground roots, causing slow growth and endangered growth of sugar beets. Hydroponic sugar beet is a new agricultural planting method. Planting sugar beets through hydroponic pipelines does not come into contact with the soil during the entire growth process, which can reduce the occurrence of soil borne diseases by more than 70%.
Soilless planting can not only reduce the occurrence of diseases and pests, but also greatly increase the yield of sugar beets. The A-type NFT system is the best choice for hydroponic sugar beets. Through a three-dimensional cultivation model, land use efficiency can be improved, and the harvest yield can reach over 20 kg per square meter, which is more than twice that of soil planting.
Key points for production management of A-type NFT system hydroponic sugar beet:
1. Preparing planting equipment: The A-type NFT system is a vertical planting equipment that is simple in composition, easy to manage, and very convenient for planting.
2. Seed treatment: Sugarbeet varieties should be selected with high yield that meets the second level or above national standards. Polyploid varieties with high quality, high yield, strong stress resistance, good commercialization, and high sugar content should be selected, and the seeds should be sun dried for 2-3 days before sowing to improve germination rate.
3. Seeding: Use the microgreen system for seedling cultivation, and after the seedling cultivation is completed, transplant it to the NFT system.
4. Preparing nutrient solution: Adding appropriate nutrient solution can promote the rapid growth of vegetables. In addition, it is necessary to control the water temperature inside the container, and generally do not let the water temperature exceed 30 ℃.
5. Other management: Nutrient solution needs to be replaced regularly (long-term use of nutrient solution can accumulate more substances that are detrimental to crop growth, and at the same time, there may be a large number of bacteria breeding, resulting in imbalanced nutrient solution, which can affect crop growth). If it is a vegetable with a shorter growth cycle, replace the nutrient solution once per crop. If it is a fruit and vegetable with a longer growth cycle, replace the nutrient solution every 30 to 60 days or so.
Beets are rich in potassium and vitamin A, and are also an important source of vitamin C, magnesium, and vitamin B2. They also contain nitric oxide, which can not only resist oxidation, but also promote blood circulation. Regular consumption of leaf beets has effects such as antipyretic, spleen and stomach strengthening. After understanding the planting methods of hydroponic beets, you can try planting them yourself!